Temporary Merchant Licenses

About Temporary Merchant Licenses:

Merchant licensing is governed by Wyoming State Statute §33-20-101 through §33-20-210. A temporary or transient merchant is described as, "All persons, firms and corporations, both as principal and agent, who engage in, do or transact any temporary or transient business, within in one (1) locality or more by traveling from one (1) or more places in this state, selling goods, wares or merchandise and who for the purpose of carrying on such business hire, lease or occupy a building, structure or car for the exhibition and sale of such goods, wares or merchandise."


So, if you are a traveling salesman Wyoming requires that you obtain a transient/temporary merchant license by applying with the County Clerk's Office.


Transient merchant licenses are valid for one year from the date of approval!


How to apply:

  • Applications for the Transient Merchant License can be found here.
  • A fee of $200 per license, which must be paid by cash, check or credit to the "Albany County Clerk"
  • Each person who will be selling must obtain a license
  • You will need a name and date of birth for each salesperson
  • The phone number and mailing address for the company
  • The function/purpose of the license
  • The time frame that you intend to sell
  • A description of the goods or services to be sold
  • License # and information of the vehicle being used.